Friday, September 14, 2012

Homecoming

Utah Oddity - Dating, specifically asking someone to a dance.

School started so that means the lovely tradition of Homecoming is upon us.  Now, in Utah, you don't just ask someone to go to a big dance.  No, that would be normal, easy, etc.   No, instead you have to ask someone with signs, cute ideas, etc....

I can't tell a lie........I think it's awesome.  It's so nice to go all out to ask someone to a dance.  And these kids get so creative!  My son's friend had his picture put on a billboard with the the girls name and the work "Homecoming?"  Holy cow.....he went all out!  Of course, the kids dad works for the billboard company.

My son made a poster with fishing line attached.......
It says...."I'd hate to leave you fishing...."
She had to follow the fishing line around her yard, in the dark to see the question.....
This says...."But you'd like up my world if you went to Homecoming with  me"   
He put glow sticks and LED ballons by the sign and used some of the glow sticks to write his name.  Isn't it cute?

The next day this appeared on my (and my son's) car......
this one says...."Out of all the fish in the sea, I'm so glad that you caught me!   So reel me in and we'll take a spin, This is  where the fun begins!"
Cute, right?!  Actually, here's the really cute part!!

Adorable fish!  Yep, only in Utah.....I love it!!



3 comments:

Unknown

Are you writing anymore? Your blog is great. I enjoyed reading your posts.

Unknown

Are you writing anymore? Your blog is great. I enjoyed reading your posts.

lisysomna

Hello! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!
___________________________
Plakatdruck

Post a Comment