Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mack and the Mo Tabs!

Another spiritual Sunday is upon us.  It was a great day but I'm a little sad.  You see, I am no longer the nursery leader at church.  I love those cute 18 month old to 3 year old kids.  They have been so fun.  Their smiles and hugs gave gotten me through so many weeks.  So I'm a little sad.  My new calling though will be to work with the older kids.  Not much older though!  I'll have the 3-4 year old kids.  Still adorable and cute.  They just are more vocal.  That could be bad!  But I'm sure it'll be great.

This has been a hard week.  I've been trying to get everything finished before Christmas.  The problem is, once I think I've taken care of a loose end, the other end comes loose!  And really, why in the world do the elementary schools have to have a Christmas program for the parents?  I'd rather have a Halloween program or a Thanksgiving/Christmas program.  But no! They have to do a special program for the parents to come and "enjoy."  The week that all heck is breaking loose and the family is crazy stressed and busy.  Cheese did his this week.  And it was cute and he was cute.  But honestly, that's an hour of my life I'll never get back!  Whine's is this week.  Calgon.....take me away!


Mormon Tabernacle Choir

The good news is that I may have found a piece of light and joy among the Christmas craziness.  My sister in law got last minute tickets to "Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir."  I call the choir, Mack and the Mo Tabs.  Mack Wilberg was a choir director at Brigham Young University when I was a student.  He is so talented and I love watching him conduct.  I loved it when I got to sing with him in college.  It was a great treat.  So, now that he conducts the tabernacle choir, I re-named them, Mack and the Mo Tabs.  This year the Christmas concert featured Jane Seymour and Nathan Gunn.    
Nathan Gunn
Jane Seymour
It was awesome!  There is nothing like beautiful music and wonderful stories of the true meaning of Christmas.  Jane Seymour was a narrator of sorts and told the stories, not only of Christ's birth, but of the song Good King Wenceslas.  Of course the choir and Nathan Gunn sang beautiful music that went along with the stories.  It lifted my grinch-y spirit quite a bit.  So much that I actually baked cookies today.  It's a Christmas miracle!!


Life is good.  So good that I have to share this video.  You have to watch it to the very end!

0 comments:

Post a Comment