Monday, December 12, 2011

Total and complete Grinch!

Grinch (MSW) - a bi**h.  Or someone who hates the holidays.  Unfortunately, I'm a little of both.

I told you about my holiday shopping already.  But I have to tell you I'm a bit of a grinch.  Sadly, in both ways.  Quite frankly, I hate the holidays.  People always ask me why.  Hmm....let me think. 

First, I'm a mother.  What does that have to do with it?  Hello?!  I do the cooking.  I do the cleaning.  I do the shopping and wrapping.  I have to think of what to even get the monsters before I do the shopping.  On top of that, I pay for it all.  Then after the "beautiful Christmas morning" is over, I get to hear the complaints that they didn't get what they wanted!  And inevitably, someone is always telling me they got the wrong thing, the wrong size or something.  So I am a grinch.  I am crabby and don't look forward to it much.

But I do love seeing the lights and singing along with the music.  I love seeing the joy on kids faces (just maybe not my kids!).  So maybe I'm not a total grinch after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment