Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Back to school!!

Crapola  (MSW) - see also, crap.

After 3 LONG weeks, the kids are all back in school.  I want to celebrate!  I want to rejoice!  I want to dance and sing in the streets!  I want to go to bed!  And yes, I will do that last one.  Tomorrow morning.....can't wait!  Even as I wrote this, my teenager comes home from high school with his cousin for lunch.  See, they are always here!!  Aagh!

This year we are trying something a little different.  I now have Saturday's off again.  Another reason to rejoice!!  So I made a list of wants and needs for the house.  Like, painting a bedroom....that's a want.  Putting up closet doors in my kids room....that's a need.  (Since we finished our basement about 10 years ago, I made it a need.....hello?! 10 years with no closet doors!!)  We also put activities on the want list....like go to Jump On It ( a trampoline place), mall, movies, etc....  So every time we get some things done on the need list, we can reward ourselves.  I hope it will work out.  I want to do this every month to encourage some productivity around here and get everyone's help.  And just so we are clear, it's not really a honey do list!  Both Oscar and I are doing them....or at least we're trying to.  He is better at some things that I am and vice-versa.

A couple things on my need list:

Closet doors ....  DONE!!!
Organize den .... in progress.....everyday Oscar is going thru papers and shredding things....yeah!!
Organize laundry room ... in progress.....took all the mis-matched socks and matched them.  Any extras I threw away!  Very liberating!!  (a great idea from my neighbor!!)
Organize Whine's bedroom ... DONE!!  (with some help from Apple)

A few things from the want list that we did this weekend:

Classic skating
Going to Charlotte Russe in the mall

I hope this want versus need thing works out well.  The kids are excited to put stuff on the want list that's for sure.  It's getting the need list finished as well that will be the hard part.  Crapola!

0 comments:

Post a Comment