Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Adventure!

I am too tired to think of a swear word today.  Why?  Because I'm an idiot.  I thought it would be fun to take the kids to the midnight showing of the "Hunger Games."  It sure sounded like fun.  And when I say kids, I meant all the kids, including the 8 year old.  Does that make me a good mom?  Or a bad mom?  I'm thinking just a stupid mom.  It was fun though!  The movie was good.  Nothing like a midnight movie with popcorn, candy and drinks!

But we didn't get home until after 3am.  3am!  I used to do that on a regular basis in college.  Stay out till 2 or 3 in the morning.  Then get up and go to class at 8.  (Or skip class!) Apparently, I'm not 20 years old anymore.  The reality of that just plain sucks.  I woke up the next day at 9.  The two youngest kids are "off track," so no school for them until after Easter.  We are all wiped out!  I did get a nap in yesterday as well, but I think it made it worse.  Sleep.......I miss you!

You would think that was my adventure.  But the adventure happened with a different member of the household.  Since Whine and Cheese are home from school for the next few weeks, they are always saying they are bored.  Whine decided to have a friend over while I was working.  Since I work at home, it wasn't a big deal.  Well, they decided to play with Squirt, the hamster.  They made it a new house with a shoe box and toilet paper tubes.  It was really cute too!  They put the hamster in the tubes and watched it run around.  Entertained them for some time as well.  Always a good thing!

But that was the beginning of the adventure.  Since it was a home-made house of fun for the hamster, it got out.  Nothing like a small rodent running around in the house.  It ran under the stove. I didn't want to move the stove though and figured it would come out soon enough.  We put some food and water next to the stove and figured he would come out soon.

We saw him the next day.  As soon as we tried to catch him, he again ended up under the stove.  Another day went past.  I figured he was a goner.  But last night the kids caught sight of him downstairs.   How he went from the upstairs kitchen to our basement family room is beyond me!  Of course, he was too fast for us.  He ran into our small storage room.  Apple devised a plan!  She put his cage by the door to block the exit.  Then she took one of the tubes from his real house by the only spot left the cage didn't block.  Lo and behold, the hamster is back in the cage this morning!  What an adventure he must have had!

0 comments:

Post a Comment