Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Taking Offense

Utah Oddity - taking offense

I love Utah.  The mountains, the weather, the people.  It's great.  But people are funny.  I'm sure it is not just in Utah.  People get offended quite often here.   I don't get offended easily.  So I don't understand that.

If my neighbor doesn't wave at me as I pass by, it doesn't bug me.  Why should it?  Maybe she was yelling at the kids in the back seat.  Maybe she is trying to remember the stuff on her grocery list.  I don't care.  Others do care.  They get offended by this.

I think we need to remember that we are all human.  We all have issues and troubles.  If I don't wave at you, it's because I'm thinking about something else.  It's not because I don't like you or I'm mad at you.  Most likely it's because I'm pretty goofy and I'm not paying attention like I should.

Like I said, I don't understand why people are always offended by others.  I just don't get offended by much.  I would love to say it's because I am wise and smart.  But I'm not!  The funny thing is, someone will take offense at this blog post as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment