Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Day!

Drat!  (MSW) - you can use any expletive you want!

It's a happy day here!  Why?  Well, Easter is over, so spring break is over and the kids are back in school.  Really, what could be better!!  Yeah!

Easter is becoming another holiday I dread.  No presents but the kids are home and hyped up on sugar.  What happens?!  Well they start fighting and go from sugar highs to sugar lows.  That, combined with  a lack of sleep, makes crabby children and a crabby mommy.

Sugar makes my kids rude.  Not only to each other, but to ME!  The one that gave them life!  The one that went thru labor!  With no drugs!  I was going to get my daughters nice Easter dresses.  But decided that the way they were treating me and each other, they didn't deserve it.  I hope that teaches them a lesson.  It did, at least for 24 hours.  Let's see if it will stick with them!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Heavenly Father makes your kids cute, so you won't beat them!  I think we are just better behaved when we have a more set schedule.  They say kids like routine and schedules.  It works better for them.  Unfortunately, I'm more of a laid back, easy going, free for all, kind of girl which makes schedules a little hard.  But I'm learning.  I'm getting better every day!

I figure I'll have it down to a science when my youngest is out of the house.  Sounds about right, hey?  Life....ain't it great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment