Thursday, April 19, 2012

Various Forms of Torture

!!@#%&* (MSW) - this is cartoon swearing.

I had a very special experience yesterday.  By "special," I mean horrible.  Terrible.  Painful.  You name the adjective, it was that.  The sad thing is, I was so looking forward to it!

What was the experience?  I went to a personal trainer.  Where I work, they have gym available to all the employees.  Along with the gym, you can sign up for personal training.  It is all paid for by the company.  How's that for awesome benefits?!  Well, almost 5 years after I started working, I figured I could use some help keeping on track with my exercise and diet.  So I signed up for the initial fitness assessment.  I was so excited.  I mean, people pay tons of money for something like this.  And I'm getting it for free!

It started out great.  Weight, height.  Lunges, push-ups and some weight training.  Then they had me see what distance I would run in 10 minutes with 5 minutes of warm up and cool down.  Nothing too hard, but it got my blood pumping and me sweating.  Great workout!

Then the trainer said, OK, lets roll you out.  I've seen others do this with the trainers.   It looks like a great massage.  They have you roll on a dense foam "pillow."  She wanted to see what muscles were tight.  The trainer had me start on my calves.  Put the "pillow" under your ankle on the right leg and take you left leg and cross it over.  So you're only working one leg at a time.  Easy peasy!

Holy cow, it hurt.  I didn't think I was so tight.  Then they had me do my backside (butt!).  Not bad at all.  So contrary to popular opinion, I'm not a tight a**!  Then my thighs.  A little bit of pain, but not nearly as bad as my calves.  Then for the killer, my hips.  Holy crap, pain!  So much pain!  Too make it worse, the trainer said, I'll roll you out on those areas.  This involves a long flexible rolling pin of sorts.  The trainer rolls that over your muscles for you.  I thought, great, a massage!  This is the best thing ever!

So NOT a massage!  Pain.  Intense pain.  Holy cow, I almost started crying.  Misery, aches and  shooting spasms up my legs!  That was just my calves.  She was going to "roll out" my hips as well.  Aagh!

I gave birth to 2 of my kids without drugs.  I am tough.  I am no wimp.  My age must have changed that status.  This was not a slight discomfort or small twinge.  It was TORTURE!!  Holy !!@#%&*!!!

I couldn't sleep last night.  My legs and hip hurt.  I'm so sore this morning too.  The sad thing, I'm doing this again in a few days!  And again next week!  I am nuts!!  To add salt to my wound, I have an appointment with my DTD (Down There Doctor) today as well!  !!@#%&*

0 comments:

Post a Comment