Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring?!

Utah Oddity - The Weather

I know what you're thinking!  The weather is odd everywhere.  True, it is.  But I swear it's weirder than normal here.  

If you don't like the weather now.....wait five minutes!

For instance, a few weeks ago I went to see my son at his track meet.  It was 80 outside and beautiful. I even got sunburned.  A day later, yes, JUST a day later, it snowed.  What in the world is up with that?!  How can the weather change so dramatically in 24 hours.  It doesn't make sense.  From 80 degrees to 32 degrees.  Drives me crazy!

I know that the mountains make a difference here.  I can stay at my home at 4000 ft of elevation and travel 1/2 hour and be at 8000 ft elevation and the weather will be different.  But I'm not doing that!  The track meet was in the next city over!!

“Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation.” 

I like the weather in Utah usually.  It just the crazy spring and fall over the past several years that is freaky.  We go from 30-40 degree weather to 70-80 degree weather.  I swear nothing in between.  What about the 60ish weather.  I love sweatshirts and spring jackets.  But I don't ever get to wear them.  Of course, at night it get's down in the 60's on a hot day.  But it's not the same!  I want my spring and fall back!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment