Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Dog

Fetch (MSW) - no, not fetch, like go get it doggie.  This is a common Mormon swearword in Utah.  I think it's supposed to be the queen mother swearword for Mormon's.

You remember how I told you about my dogs?  Well, I think something is wrong with my older dog.

Patches

A couple months ago, my dog started acting weird.  This little puppy (the dog is 11 yrs old) sleeps next to our bed on his "bed."  This "bed" is one that he stole from his doggie cousin, Jake.  When Jake comes to visit, Patches won't let him use his bed.  It must be an alpha male thing.  So, last time Jake was here, my sister, Rocky Mountain High, gave my dog Jake's bed.  Anyway, back to the story.

At 2 am one morning, he sat next to the bed and started to whine at me.  I woke up to this black head staring at me.  Scared the snot out of me!  I figured he needed to go out, so I woke up and let him out.  I let him back in a few minutes later and tried to go back to bed.  Again, he sat there staring at me and letting out some soft cries.  "Lassie, did Timmie fall down the well?!"  That's all I could think of.  What the heck was wrong?  I let him out again and checked the house, etc.  Nothing was wrong.  He just kept doing that.  You know what he wanted?  To sleep up on the bed with me and Oscar.  Not going to happen!

The next morning, after Oscar left for work, the dog jumped on the bed and took Oscar's "spot."  He usually does go up on the bed after Oscar leaves, but just on the end of the bed.  This time, he was on the bed, laying his head on Oscar's pillow.  The whole nine yards.  I think the dog thinks he's a human.  He has been very needy lately.  Anytime I sit down, he sits next to me on the floor and uses his nose to hit my hand.  He wants me to pet him.  All the time.  Constant attention!  "I will love him and pet him and name him George."  (name that movie/cartoon!)  He's becoming worse than the kids!

Ah, fetch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment