Saturday, October 1, 2011

Introducing.....

*sigh* (MSW) - this is a physical swearword.  the physical act of sighing.  this is the favorite "swearword" of my father.

I want to introduce you to my Dad, Mr. Incredible.  I named him so for many reasons.  First of all, he is the most incredible man I know.  The fact that he put up with me for so many years is an incredible feat of itself!
Growing up, he never really swore a lot.  He would when he was telling a joke or a story.  But overall, not a man of many words.  But if he would sigh, he was upset.  You knew he was angry if he let out a sigh.  If he did it twice, just get out of his way.  Run, children, run away!  He never yelled or got angry.  He would just sigh.  It takes a strong and courageous man to never yell.  He was always calm, cool and collected.  He would just sigh.  So, to me, he is incredible.

As a child, I sang constantly.  In the car, at the table, watching TV, I sang.  I sang in my room, outside, and on vacations.  The poor guy never got away from it!  Yet, he never screamed "SHUT UP!!"  And let's face it, he should have.  I totally deserved it.  My daughter, Whine, is just like me.  She just talks constantly.  I will often just say "be quiet, you're driving me nuts!"

So my dad is Mr. Incredible.  He took care of us and put up with us.  He worked hard to provide our family with the things he didn't have.  And he didn't stop when we left and got a home of our own.   A few months ago, I called my parents during the day.  When I called them, they were looking through a catalog of kitchen supplies.  My mom saw some pots and pans and said, "Big Bird's pots and pans are awful."   She said that, just making a comment and didn't think twice about it. Then I called.  About 15 minutes into the phone call, my mom, Mommy Dearest, gasped and said, "You didn't!"  I asked what she was talking about.  Mr. Incredible, while we were talking, ordered the set of pans and had them delivered to my house.  Still taking care of me when I'm 40ish years old!  Mr. Incredible indeed!

I love you dad!  You're the best ever!
Left to right:  Uncle Awesome, my brother and sister-in-law (I have to think of names for them) and Mr. Incredible

3 comments:

Meg/brightlywoven

My first visit. Fun blog! Like the layout too.

Go you!

Anonymous

Great to see you Meg! I sure miss you and your family!

Anonymous

He really is Mr. Incredible. Not only did he care for you all, but hundreds of other children also. I have great memories of him!

Post a Comment