Monday, February 27, 2012

I love my teenagers!

Blickity, blickity blue (MSW) - this is another one I use when I'm frustrated.  Use any naughty word of your choice as a substitute.

I love my teenager.  Macaroni.  I love him.  This, however, is not a statement.  This is a reminder.

The other day, my lovely teen left for a basketball game.  In my car.  In a hurry.  And not paying attention.  His first accident occurred.  The basketball hoop and the side view mirror were casualties in the crime.  The basketball hoop survived with no scratches or harm.  My side view mirror, not so much.  It is holding on by a thread.  Not really a thread, some wire.  And now, when I go anywhere, the mirror bangs against the car.  It is more than just annoying.  Hence, the reminder, I love my teenager.

I will have to take the car in to get it fixed.  Macaroni is not too happy that he will have to pay for it.  But that is the curse of a teenager!  Get a freaking job so you can pay for the damage to the car!!

This reminds me of a story that I heard of years ago.  It is one of those stories that teaches a lesson.  The story is short and sweet and goes like this.  Never, I mean NEVER, talk about what you will do with unexpected money.  You know, like a tax return, a bonus, an inheritance.  Never talk about it in front of appliances, in your house or in your car.  You see, the fridge, the TV, the roof and the car, they hear everything.  They have ears and totally have it out for you.  For when you talk about the money in front of it (them), they will break.  And break your heart because the money will be gone!

We got our tax return the other day.  We must have talked about it in the car.  Blickity, Blickity blue!

0 comments:

Post a Comment