Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lettuce...pray!

The lettuce always gets to pray.  It's never the tomatoes, cucumbers or croutons.  The poor other salad fixin's.  Maybe it's because the lettuce is more spiritual.

Yes, I'm a geek!  Another spiritual Sunday is upon us.  I have to tell you my dream!  "I still have  dream.  It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.  I have a dream that one day this nation...."  OK, not that dream.  I am not nearly as smart, wise or dedicated.  But yes, I too, had a dream.  


I had a dream the other night that all my family was together.  My aunts, uncles and cousins.  My nieces and nephews.  It was great.  We were at my house here in Utah.  We were hugging each other and welcoming other family members into the huge party going on.  I don't know why we were having the party.  I can only assume it was for a Packers game.  Everyone was just so happy to see one another.  I saw my Uncle with the sweetest smile on his face.  My aunt was giving out hugs to everyone.  It sounds like a typical family reunion.  But I don't remember ever seeing my aunts and uncles with such expressions of joy and happiness.  It's like I've never seen them so happy.  Plus, my family is not a big huggy, kissy family.  But it was so fun.  We had tons on food and company.  Of course, if you know my family, food is at the center of everything.  If you have 10 people coming for a party, you make enough food for 50.  I woke up so happy that day.  It was so nice to wake up peaceful and content.  At least until the kids started fighting!  That is a whole different dream!

Anyway, this dream got me thinking.  Me and thinking is not always a great idea.  I think way too much most times.  But with all the death and funerals we've been to this year, this dream got me thinking.  (We've had at least 10 people close to us or our family that has passed away.) Is this what heaven is going to be like?  Is it going to be a huge family reunion?  Will the whole family be together and just be happy?  Will we be hugging each other with such joy on our faces?  I truly hope so.  Like I said, I woke up just happy.  I wanted to be back in my dream with my family and loved ones.  It was so peaceful.  Families that can be together forever sure sounds like heaven to me.  I love my family.  Aunts, uncles, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews....the whole crazy lot. I'm sure that heaven is going to be just like that.  Not sure if we'll be watching the Packer game there, but the happiness and joy will be the same.  

On a much lighter note, I saw this picture on someone else's blog and I thought it was hilarious.

1 comments:

me

Dear Jen.
XOXOXO
Love, Me

Post a Comment