Thursday, August 11, 2011

Big Day!

Shut the front door! (MSW) - this is usually an expletive using holy _____.  You can fill in the blank with the naughty word of your choosing.  My catholic family usually uses holy sh**. 

This last week we had some big happenings at our house.  As usual, everything happens the same week.  Why?  I just wish stuff was spread out to enjoy things more and to give each kid the attention they need, deserve, etc...  Hmm, where to begin?  In order of the happenings or in order of importance?  Who cares!

Apple turned 15!!  Yes the big day is today, Thursday.  Apple is becoming such a great young women.  I am amazed at how far she has come.  She has a great sense of humor and can be so helpful to me and her brothers and sisters.  At least when she wants to be!!  We are so proud of her!

Macaroni got his driver's license.  Get off the roads!!  He is so excited and wants to drive everywhere.  I think he drove to McDonalds 3 times that day.  First, he had to have breakfast, so he went there.  Even though we have a boatload of food at our house!  Then, at lunch time his sister begged him to take her there.  Afterall, it was her birthday.  Then later that night, he needed a snack.  Again I say, what about the food we have here!  I know in about 2 weeks he'll be saying he doesn't want to drive there again.

Last, but not least, Cheese got elected to be on student council for his school.  We are so proud of him!  He's in 6th grade.  He had to be approved by the faculty, make posters and write an essay.  That's a big job for an 11 year old.  He is so excited. 

Shut the front door!  It's been a busy week for the kids here!

1 comments:

me

I'm Catholic and I never say holy sh**. Most of my friends are also Catholic and they don't say that either. Maybe a "crap" sneaks into our vocabulary once in a while, but as a whole, our "group" is very good and pious.

Post a Comment