Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Driving on the roads...

Bugger (MSW) - I think this is an actual swearword in other parts of the world.  I use this to convey my frustrations instead of American swearwords.  Of course, if you live in the other part of the world where it is a swearword, you'll have to find something else.

I live in a lovely suburb of Salt Lake City.  It's a great neighborhood.  We're close to the mountains, close to parks and schools.  For the most part, I enjoy living here.  But I have a few bones to pick with the "founding fathers" of the area.  OK, not so much them, but the idiots who installed to roadways.  I've decided that they were dumber than a box of rocks.

On my way to take my son to his cross country practice at 6:45 am, I counted 17 man hole covers in a 2 block drive.  And that was just on one side of the road!  On the way back, the other side of the road had 16!  What idiot was the one who planned that out?!  Really, 33 man hole covers, in 2 blocks?  Why?  Were the people who planned the road really that stupid?  They re-paved the road several years ago, but still 33 ways to access the area.  Couldn't they fix the area and try to combine the access so there were less man hole covers?  It drives me insane.  I try to avoid them simply because one of my tires keeps going flat.  So basically, at 6:45 am, I look like a drunk driver trying to avoid all the man hole covers.  I am swerving all over and look like a total blonde.  I am a blonde, but heck, I don't want to look like one!

So, I have issues.  I will get over it.  But what little bugger planned that out?!

2 comments:

stacy

Umm.. why do I love your posts so freakin' much? Probably because I am as irreverent as you are (and I am not even a convert! just sarcastic and naughty). Keep them coming you little fart nugget!

Jen

I love your blog. It's hilarious!

Post a Comment