Thursday, August 4, 2011

Damage!

Damage (MSW) - see also darn it. or some sentence that has something to do with a beaver.

Yesterday, I was such a good mom.  I took my teenagers up to Park City to the outlet mall, shopping for back to school clothes.  Yes, I do rock.  Although, I think shopping around down in the valley would have been a lot more productive.  There just wasn't a whole lot we liked up there.  Apple, who will be 15 next week, got some shoes and makeup.  Macaroni loved the Nike outlet and got shorts and a shirt.  I decided it's better for the two younger kids.  I got them outfits for school.  W(h)ine got shorts and 2 shirts all for $12.  And Cheese got shorts and shirt for $12.  So the moral of the story is, I'm not going to park city shopping again.  It wasn't worth the trip.

The other reason it wasn't worth the trip happened when we got home.  I went into my kitchen to see a ton of water around my sink and stove.  I thought maybe someone had spilled before we left and didn't clean it up.  No such luck.  My water purifier was leaking, and leaking big time.  The water was everywhere under the sink and all over the floor.  I found out where it was leaking and of course but a bucket under the leak and cleaned up the sink and floor.  When Oscar the grouch came home, I had to have him help me figure it out.  Luckily, Oscar is very handy around the house.  He took out the purifier and said that maybe we should call the soft water people who put it in to fix it.  I thought that was the end of the trouble and went to read a book in the bedroom for some peace and quiet.  About a half hour later, my husband comes in the room and says, do you want to head to Home Depot for a new sink faucet?  Ah, hello?!  What happened to just take apart the purifier?  He thought about it and said that they would charge at least $300 to come and fix it, so he took apart the whole sink, including the faucet instead.  And, honestly, we never use the water purifier anyway.  So off to Home Depot we went!  We found a faucet and the supplies we needed to fix it.  All for less than a plumber would have cost.  And, I have to say, I kind of like it!  So sometimes, when damage is done, it can be a good thing!

1 comments:

mommaquincy

How fun! I've missed your great sense of humor! You are welcome to visit my blog anytime (mommaquincy.blogspot.com), but it is not as entertaining as your's! Of course I do have the cutest grandchildren in the world to compensate!

Post a Comment