Sunday, August 7, 2011

Feeding Frenzy!

Wow, another Sunday is upon us.  Today in church, it was Fast Sunday. Our church does this once a month.  We can fast for our families, others or anyone struggling.  It's a great day for reflection, etc.  What that means for our family is that we all come home starving.  So in honor of shark week on TV, and our fast, this post is called feeding frenzy. 

Before church, I got dinner fixed in the crock pot so when we come home it's hot and ready to go.  I felt like doing something special so I even set up our dinner table with our china and crystal.  Yes, I am so awesome.

You know what, it took me several hours to peal 5 lbs of potatoes, chop them up and throw them in the crock pot along with some seasonings.  Then get the roast ready with seasonings, and throw it in the crock pot.  Then, set this beautiful table.  It really did take quite a while.


It took 5 minutes to eat dinner.  I barely sat down after the prayer and one of them inhaled the food and went back to the computer or game boy or whatever he was doing.  Hours.....all for 5 minutes!!  What in the world was I thinking?!  It's like the sharks during shark week....they eat like ravage beasts and leave....to let mom clean it up.  Poor Oscar the grouch didn't even get to eat since he had church meetings.  It reminded me of Thanksgiving or Christmas.  You put hours into this incredible meal, only to have it gone in 5 minutes.  At least I can feel for moms all over the world!


So, two hours of preparation, 10 minutes of eating, 1 hour of cleaning up and 1 broken crystal glass in this feeding frenzy.  The sad thing is.....I'll do it all again next week.

5 comments:

Unknown

So sadly true. Looks yummy though! Good job mom. Nice comparison to shark feeding too. Probably very similar.

Cindy

How come the child pictured above got a red plastic plate? Not deserving of china?

me

I wish I had those nice place mats and napkins! I also wondered about the soon-to-be-birthday girl with the red plastic plate. Bad girl or poor planning?

Howard and Melissa

I HEAR you! You spent hours peeling potatoes, and I spent hours peeling and pitting apricots for a homemade pie. After rolling out homemade crusts and meticulously preparing the filling, that stinking pie took TWO hours to make...It was inhaled in 5 min, because like you said, it's fast Sunday!

Jen

I promise, we still love Apple. The red plate is our "You are Special" plate. Since it's her birthday this week, she got the special plate.

Post a Comment