Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mother of the Year

Momma (MSW) - any expletive you can think of. Examples, son of a momma, Oh momma!, etc...

Today is my day off from work. I only work part-time, but it's a lot to do, work 26 hours, take care of 4 kids and 2 dogs, keep the house clean, get the laundry done, and everything. I have an awesome job. I work as a customer service rep for a contact lens company. The best part is that I work from home. I get to sit around in my pajamas and talk to people through-out the country. I love the company I work for as well. So life is good, right?

Since today is my day off, I try to play catch up from the things I didn't get done previously. You know, get the shopping done, finished folding the last batch of laundry. But today I decided I get the title of Mother of the Year. Why, you may ask?

About 40 minutes ago, my daughter, Whine, called me from school and informed me that she forgot her lunch and wasn't interested in the hot lunch. She had lunch in 10 minutes and could I drop it off at the school? Not too hard, right? Well, I was literally in the shower when she called. I just turned off the water when I heard the phone. I jumped out, sopping wet and naked to answer the phone. (Please don't include a visual of that. It just ain't pretty.) I quickly got dried off, dressed and ran to none other than McDonald's. I showed up at the school with a hot and some what delicious lunch for her (she can afford the calories and fat, she weighs about 40 lbs. and is 8 years old). Of course, I showed up looking like a whack job. I had sweats and t-shirt on with my extremely wet hair pulled back, still dripping on my t-shirt. I could have been a part of a wet t-shirt contest! (Another visual that scares me!) See, I should be mother of the year!

Yesterday, I would have been pet owner of the year. I was working from home, in my comfy home office. It was a nice quiet day. I was curled up in my pajamas, with my bright orange blanket wrapped around me. I was thinking about stealing my kids Halloween candy. It sounded yummy and who needs a diet, right? That's when Oscar's dog comes in and pukes at my feet. I almost hurled right there, but instead threw the dog outside first. See, I'm the pet owner of the year! I cleaned up the mess, while working and talking with a customer and trying not to vomit.


Oh momma! I am mother/pet owner of the year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment