Saturday, November 12, 2011

Muppet Identity Crisis

HiHo Kermit the Frog here....
I thought you might like a view from the other side of this blog -- the Oscar point of view. What follows is how I compare our family to the Muppets.
I opened the blog with Kermit because I am not an "Oscar the Grouch" (as has been implied by the jewel of our relationship - "Big Bird"). I am much more similar to Kermit the Frog. I am much less hairier than Oscar. Kermit doesn't have hair on his head and neither do I. Kermit has a funny, off-the-wall sense of humor and so do I. Kermit is the kind of guy that likes to think he is in charge and does a pretty good job at it but often times gets overruled by those around him. He takes it all in stride but sometimes plays the "victim card" for sympathy.  I do that too. It isn't easy being green.


Big Bird is my wife and primary artistic director of this blog.  I know I know, some people say that the character Big Bird is a male, but the voice of the character is actually played by a woman, so there you have it; Big Bird is a woman and is quite the chick I might add. I actually think that Miss Piggy is more appropriate for my wife.  Now,  wait a minute... Don't get me wrong here... I will explain... Miss Piggy has beautiful blond hair, so does my wife. Miss Piggy is a strong willed character who knows exactly what she wants, so does my wife. Miss Piggy absolutely adores Kermit. So does my wife. Miss Piggy weighs more than Kermit. So does my wife (not a slam to my wife, she already mentioned this in a previous blog so I am merely quoting...). Side note: Kermit is really skinny but I am NOT so skinny -- oops on that one.  Miss Piggy loves European shopping. So does my wife. Miss Piggy makes big sacrifices when it comes right down to true life stuff. So does my wife. Kermit loves Miss Piggy and so does this one to that one. Miss Piggy is a good thing. And so is my wife.

My son "Macaroni" is a tall lanky teenager who actually looks like Beaker. Short orange spikey hair and all. You know, Beaker the one that goes "me me me me me" all the time.  Well that is what Macaroni says too but in a different sort of way -- Me Me Me Me!; he has a rather high opinion of himself. Beaker is a smart unassuming assistant that is kinda quiet (except for the "Me Me Me" part.) and Macaroni also is really smart, very helpful and unassuming and is kinda quiet in normal life situations - home is not normal life, so he isn't quiet at home.

The daughter "Apple" is really similar to Janice. You know who Janice is. She is the cool hip long haired spacey girl in the Muppet band.  Janice likes accessories and so does Apple. Janice is rather independent and so is my teenage daughter. My teenage daughter is proud of her skinny figure and Janice is too. Janice is helpful to the muppet clan and my daughter is really helpful too. Janice smiles alot and so does my daughter.

Cheese is much more similar Gonzo than Kermit and Miss Piggy would care to admit but you really do have to come to grips and actually admit it.  Cheese is very similar to Gonzo. Gonzo is one of the most unique characters ever to cross the muppet stage.  My son is the same way.  Our stage has never been the same since he came into our family. Gonzo likes chickens.  So does our son. He has been known to be associated with his alter ego online as Bongo Chicken - go figure... My son likes KFC (sorry Gonzo... but it is chicken none the less). Gonzo is fun loving and is quite overly dramatic. So is our son.  Everyone likes Gonzo and so it is with my son too.
Whine, she is the youngest of all the muppets in our family. I think she is most like Prairie Dawn.  While not a widely known character, Prairie Dawn would be instantly recognized the moment you saw her.  Prairie Dawn is mostly seen on Sesame Street and not so much on the actual Muppet Show. Prairie Dawn has beautiful blond hair and so does my daughter. She is so loving and kind and tender, just like my daughter. Prairie Dawn is a leader in her own circles and my daughter definitely has her own circles too. Prairie Dawn is artistic; just ask my kitchen refrigerator about the art of my youngest daughter tacked all over it. No lack of talent there.  In fact, Prairie Dawn is often seen being involved in pageants and other artistic endeavors, and of course so is my daughter.

So there you have it.
My view of the family that you have all come to know through this happy sarcastic sometimes irreverent blog.
So long. Kermit the Frog signing off for now....

1 comments:

Anonymous

This is an awesome post. Thanks for the fun read. Your husband sounds like a wonderful "partner in crime". You are one lucky woman.

Post a Comment