Friday, November 18, 2011

Rats!!

Rats!  (MSW) - you can use the expletive of your choice!

I've told you about the changing weather here in Utah.  It's getting cold.  Fall/winter weather is here.  What does that mean?  Well, it means the ski slopes are open for business.  But it also means that critters of all kinds are attracted to the warmth and comfort of the indoors.  Luckily, the ear wigs are no longer alive, so I don't have to worry about them.  It's critters of another kind that we have to worry about.

When it gets cold, I have a hard time staying warm.  The thing that works the best is a hot bath.  I have a huge jetted tub too.  I fill it up with bubbles and sit in there until I get "prune-like."  The other night, I decided I was freezing and went to fill up the tub.  The problem?  Someone else was using it.  Namely, a spider.  I know what you're thinking.....it's just a spider, get over it!  This wasn't a little spider like the ones we would get in Wisconsin.  This was about the size of a quarter.  To me, that is huge.  I hate spiders!!!!  I gave the spider a large bath and he/she washed down the drain.  Yucky! 

After Halloween, we noticed something else.  My son thought he saw something in the pantry.  He swore he did.  To make sure, we put up a trap.  Sure enough, a little mouse was caught!  Apple named the critter Maggie and was horrified that we had trapped it.  I told her my policy of co-habitation.  Only people and a few dogs are allowed to live with us.  Anything other than that is out of here!  I will kill critters if they try living off of me and my house!  I've never had a mouse in the house before.  I'm now paranoid.  I thought my house was clean!  I thought I was a good housekeeper! 

Did I mention that we are having a party here tomorrow night for 40 people?  Rats!  I sure hope it's the end of critter issues! 

1 comments:

shortandsweet

Hey, I will be there at the party tomorrow!

Post a Comment