Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Obituaries

Utah Oddity - Obituaries

You know the joke that says obituaries would be so much better if they wrote how the person died? Well, in Utah, that isn't a joke. Most obituaries actually do say how the person passed away.

I'm probably a freak, but I read the obits almost every day. I look for young people and see how they passed. Sometimes it will list a blog detailing their illness. I will go and read it. I will sometimes cry along with them. But it is a Oddity here in Utah because the obituaries are like stories. When I go visit my family in Wisconsin, it is nothing like Utah.

Man, I live in a strange state!

1 comments:

carrs

When I go to my parents house on Sundays and I have time to look through the paper I will read the obits. I always wonder how people die and I look to see if I know any of the people.

Post a Comment