Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blast!

Blast (MSW) - you can insert any expletive here.

My kids are early risers. I, however, am not. And when I am half asleep, the kids could ask me anything and I will say yes. At 7 am, the question "Mom, can I play with matches?" gets a "Yes or umm hmm" from me. This morning was no different. At 8 am (I was still sleeping) and the kids asked if they could make brownies for breakfast. Guess what I said....a very groggy "sure." Cheese and W(h)ine, who are 11 and 8, started making brownies.

Inevitably, when I am half asleep and the kids are doing something goofy, there is a snag. About 5 minutes into making brownies by themselves, I hear a loud gasp. Then cries of "oh no!" Hmm, suddenly I am awake. I go into the kitchen to find a dozen cracked eggs they had gotten out all over the floor. Blast!! Did I mention that the cleaning lady came yesterday afternoon so the house is spotless? Double Blast!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment