Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dang it!

Dang it (MSW)- means what you think it does. What should a beaver do to fix the stream? Dam it!

These were the words I used yesterday. I was getting my lovely daughter ready to go to girls camp. She needed a camp chair. We have a few good ones and some old ones. Of course, she can't use the old ones! Mom, those are so ugly! Really, camp chairs, ugly?! Anyway, I was getting out the newer ones when one of the old ones fell and hit me on the head. Only I didn't say dang it. You would say it too! It hurt!

When I first joined the church, I was 20 years old. I was going to BYU. I was dating returned missionaries. It was easy to stop swearing then. I was surrounded by good Mormon kids. When I got married, it was equally easy. My husband, Oscar the grouch, is also Mr. Innocent. The man never swears. He is a good boy. THEN, I had children. All those years growing up came back to me. All of a sudden, my past came swooping in and engulfed me. Swearing came back and with a vengeance. It has been my goal to curb this habit. Some days I'm good, some days I'm not. Yesterday, I wasn't so good. Dang it, that stupid chair hurt when it hit me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment