Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It was a ....... Snap!

Snap (MSW) - another term for sh**.  For example, "Oh snap!  That hurt!"

I hate it when I can't finish a project.  It doesn't matter what the project is, it has to get finished.  If I can't finish the project, it won't get started.  When the kids were little, my house was always a disaster.  I thought I was just really lazy.  I figured out that if it can't get done, and get done right, I don't start it.  Dishes, laundry, cleaning in general.  I like to do it, get it done and get it done right.  Now that the kids are older, things can get done and finished.  I love it!  My house is usually fairly decent and clutter free.

On Saturday, I started a project.  It was supposed to easy.  Take down an old shelf and put up new hooks.  It wasn't easy.  When I took the shelf down, there were 2 huge holes in the wall.  Get out the spackle, patch the wall.  Now the wall was two toned.  Get out the extra paint and touch up the wall.  Finally, get the hooks up.  Hmm, maybe the should go into the studs on the wall behind.  Call neighbor and borrow a stud finder.  The hooks need a wall anchor and a stud since there is 2 screws for each hook.  Run to Home Depot.  Think of something totally different instead of just hooks.  Luckily, I'm already at Home Depot.  Find a large baseboard, extra paint and decide to put the hooks onto the baseboard then use the stud finder to mount that to the wall.  Come home, paint the large baseboard.  Screw the hooks onto the baseboard.  FINALLY, mount the baseboard onto the wall.  Yep, nice simple project.  I used the word snap a lot on this project!

Cheese and W(h)ine.  Do you like my new purse?

I think it turned out pretty good!  I used to have a shelf with 4 pegs under the shelf.  Well, 2 of the pegs broke, so there were only 2 spots to hang coats, purses, bags, etc...  Now there are 5 double hooks to take care of my clutter.  Yeah!

1 comments:

me

I like your hooks, but you could have given me SOME credit! Who do those weird kids belong to???

Post a Comment