Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chaos!

Since it is Sunday, I decided to break from the swearwords for a day. I'm trying to be more righteous! At our church, most people having a job to do, everything is voluntary. The jobs range from bishop, pianist, home teacher and music director. I have the best job though. I am the nursery leader. I "teach" the 18 month old to 3 year old. Some hate this job and would never want it. Not me! Really, where else can you get romance (two kids kissing), drama (crying because they can't have a toy), love (kids coming and hugging me), and violence (fighting over the toys) all while eating snacks? It is awesome! I used the word "teach" lightly because our lessons consist of maybe 5 minutes where we teach them to be nice, to love one another or that Heavenly Father loves them.

Today, there were 18 kids in the nursery. Days like these I am grateful that I'm not alone. It was total chaos! Some were crying, some were throwing toys, some were snuggling up to me. We had a lot of refereeing to do today. Still, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! It's great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment