Sunday, July 31, 2011

Spiritual Sunday

It's Sunday, so again, I will refrain from all swearwords, even righteous ones.  It says in the scriptures, "I, having been born of good parents..."  I was thinking about that this morning.  You see, yesterday, I changed all the sheets on my bed, washed all the covers and even bought some new pillows for the bed.  There is nothing better than getting into a clean, washed bed with a clean washed body, so I took a shower in the evening, but on clean pj's and climbed in bed.  Oh, the feeling of 300 thread count sheets, clean and then snuggling down into them.  It's my favorite.  It's not like I don't do this often, I clean them every 2-3 weeks.  But it's one of my favorite things, just the feeling of high thread count sheets and clean clothes.......it feels like heaven.  I am a princess!  It's true!  And I "blame" my parents.

I said "blame" that way for several reasons.  First of all, I like that I'm a princess.  I have high standards for certain things.  I do want better things for myself because my parents always gave me better things.  I thank them for that.  They taught me that if you work hard, you can be successful.  We had to earn our privileges for most things.  We earned them by getting good grades, helping around the house (this is where I lacked!), and being a good person.  If you work hard, you can get or be anything.  I loved knowing that as a child, a youth and still as an adult.  I "blame" them for my princess ways because they taught me to always reach beyond what you're capable of.  If you think you can get so far, just reach a little more, and you'll be able to do that to.  I can do anything I set my mind on, and I blame my parents for that.  Thanks Mom and Dad!  I am a princess and I'm proud of it!

Now, here is a spiritual prayer for you to listen to!

0 comments:

Post a Comment